We are pleased to announce that the
ESSAYS OF MINING SCIENCE AND PRACTICE: International Conference
will be held in Dnipro, Ukraine at the
Institute of Geotechnical Mechanics named by N. Poljakov of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
Institute of Geotechnical Mechanics named by N. Poljakov
of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Simferopolska st., 2a, Dnipro, Ukraine, 49010
Tel: +38 (0562) 46-01-51
The city has a variety of theatres (plus an Opera) and museums of interest to tourists, including the Dmytro Yavornytskyi National Historical Museum. There are also several parks, restaurants and beaches.
The central thoroughfare is known as Akademik Yavornytskyi Prospekt, a, wide and long boulevard that stretches east to west through the centre of the city. It was founded in the 18th century and parts of its buildings are the actual decoration of the city. In the heart of the city is Soborna Square, which includes the majestic cathedral founded by order of Catherine the Great in 1787.
On the square, there are some remarkable buildings: the Museum of History, Diorama "Battle for the Dnipro River (World War II)", and also the park in which one can rest in the hot summer. Walking down the hill to the Dnipro River, one arrives in the large Taras Shevchenko Park (which is on the right bank of the river) and on Monastyrskyi Island. This island is one of the most interesting places in the city. In the 9th century, the Byzantine monks based a monastery here.
A few areas retain their historical character: all of Central Avenue, some street-blocks on the main hill (the Nagorna part) between Pushkin Prospekt and Embankment, and sections near Globa and Shevchenko parks have been untouched for 150 years.
For more information about the city of Dnipro, please visit http://ukrainetrek.com/dnipro-city